Terms and information for exhibitors (FAQ)
Over one thousand tech people are expected to attend the Conference and Expo on Friday.
The open tech day is on Saturday and in the last few years, around 10.000 - 15.000 people have come to the Expo and other activities happening in Harpa.
SCAM ALERT: Please be aware that UTmessan does not sell lists. If you are approached by anyone who wants to sell you a client list and claims to be from UTmessan, please be cautious as these people are likely scam artists. WE DO NOT SELL OUR LISTS!
Framework and conditions for exhibitors
- Setup of the Expo area is on Thursday from 9 o‘clock until 17 except in Tæknistiginn.
- Expo Space is only a floor space with access to electricity and wireless network.
- Exhibitors themselves have to provide everything in the booths, such as chairs, tables, markings, and banners.
- The Expo area is open on Friday and Saturday, and all exhibitors are obliged to be in the booth during the opening hours.
- Exhibitors must consider each other, limit loud noise, and show professionalism in communicating with other exhibitors. Respect your neighbors and do not put your stuff outside your booth. Do not leave small objects unattended in the booth.
- It is not allowed to have alcoholic beverages in the booths unless you buy them directly from Harpa. Harpa catering email is
- It is not allowed to give to the booth to 3rd party.
- Booths shall be taken down immediately after closing on Saturday (it is not allowed to take them down before that time). Everything has to be taken out of Harpa and all rubbish should be placed in Harpa's rubbish containers. Please leave the space as clean as possible.
- If for any reason booths are not open on both days; fine of 500.000 ISK will be charged extra.
A 50% fee must be paid in case of cancellation before January 15, after that, a full fee is charged and no cancellations are allowed. If UTmessan is canceled by the UTmessan team then we will reimburse the payment.
UTmessan and Ský are not in any way responsible for financial or other obligations that companies at the Expo area have made in the case that the event is cancelled.
The Expo area is open on Friday and Saturday, and all exhibitors must have the booth open during the opening hours.
Friday, the exhibition is open from 9:30 to 18:30 for the conference guests.
Saturday, open from 10:00 to 16:00 for the general public.
Expo Space Specifications
Booths must not be higher than 3 meters. Exhibitor floor space size varies based on the type of sponsorship and is a maximum of:
- Platinum: 8*2 meters
- Gold: 5*2 meters
- Silver: 3*2 meters
- Bronze: 3*2 meters
- Startup: 2*2 meters
Expo Space is only a floor space with access to electricity and wireless network. Exhibitors are responsible for bringing everything in the booths, such as chairs, tables, markings, and banners. In the middle of the Flói area the floor space has a white 3 meters back wall with 1 meter side wall between booths. → View back wall
UTmessan is a computer and technology exhibition and exhibitors are encouraged to provide fun technical stuff rather than sweets and food. Having quizzes and games related to technology is more fun and makes people want to stop and hear about technology rather than just give candy.
Exhibitors may bring refreshments such as candy to offer in their booths but try to keep the packaging to a minimum to reduce junk and also to keep the exhibition area tidy. Items that can cause a mess like popcorn are not allowed. It is recommended to give more technical stuff than candy. Send us information if you're going to offer something fun and we'll show it on the web.
You can rent tables, lights and other things from several companies, e.g. Sýningarkerfi, Merking, EXTON, RECON, and Harpa. Numerous print centres print booklets and other materials in the booths.
Staff in Expo booths
People working in the booth must have either a Conference pass or an Expo pass to have access to the Expo area on Friday.
On Saturday, staff in the booths will have access to a room with coffee and chairs to rest. Exhibitors must provide their people with other refreshments.
Conference and Expo passes
Exhibition sponsorship includes the following number of passes:
- Platinum: 6 conference passes and 4 EXPO passes
- Gold: 4 conference passes and 3 EXPO passes
- Silver: 1 conference pass and 2 EXPO passes
- Bronze: 2 Expo passes
- Startup: 2 Expo passes
The conference pass includes access to conference rooms, the exhibition area, coffee, lunch, and the UTmessan party. The conference pass is registered to a name and is valid only for that person.
Exhibitors must register everyone who is going to attend the conference in the Conference registration form (also for the passes that are included with the sponsorship). Do this as soon as possible before the conference is sold out.
Expo pass includes access to the exhibition area, coffee, lunch and UTmessan party but NOT access to the conference rooms.
This pass is registered to the exhibitor/company. It is valid for the holder and can therefore switch between shifts in the booth during the day.
If Exhibitors want more EXPO passes than are included in the sponsorship they can buy extra Expo passes on the website.
Expo passes can be picked up on Thursday or Friday at the UTmessan info desk in Harpa.
Conference Guests Info - Lead Collection
Over one thousand Conference guests are expected at the UTmessan Conference and are all connected to tech somehow. Most of them are Icelandic but also some foreign guests or English-speaking residents.
Conference guests at UTmessan will have a badge with their information in a QR code. The QR code is a “Business card” of the vCard 3.0 standard and contains information about the guest‘s name, company, and email address.
Exhibitioners can f.ex. use a phone app to scan this QR code of the guests that visit their booth (with the guest's permission) to collect Business leads. Several apps are available and can be found by searching for "Badge Scanner" in PlayStore or AppStore.
The apps we've tested and are available on both Android and iOS are:
Example of the QR code on conference guest badges: